Friday, June 6, 2008

My childhood-the path to glory


Yup - I got one of those boxes with the magnifying class on the lid in which I could collect bugs. There was an anthill in the little garden in the middle of the street where I lived, so the first thing I did was go to my room and put on my prettiest, floweriest, pinkest Easter dress, and then go fill the box with ants. I’d knock on my neighbours doors, and they’d go, “Oh, how cute,” and then I’d open the box and scream “ANTS!!” at the top of my lungs, chuck the little suckers at them and run for the hills.

I was kinda dumb in those days, because I only hit those houses in my own street because I was forbidden to leave, so they only had to go two houses down to find my parents and tell them. Turns out one of them had to have an exterminator called because I’d thrown the Queen into their house. I got punished by being grounded - my pretty Easter dress was also given to Goodwill so I had to wear my ugly brown one - for a girly seven year old that sucked.

No comments: